Thursday, February 25, 2010
This is the most complex extraction I have done to date. It is of a yucca plant which I photographed at Old Main on the UofA campus. I have used it as the centerpiece for our mandala. Note the intricate patterns that emerged along the seams where the images come together. I thought I was going to have to overlay flowers along the seams and was surprised to see these patterns develop. I don't want to cover them up.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
I have revisited the previous design and come up with this new version. I started with a background made from a jumping cholla flower and worked from the outside in to come up with this surprisingly simple, but beautiful design.
I show how I made the background on my Nightblooming Process Tutorial. The background in itself is beautifully elegant.